2008-02-20

Worth To Think?

I’ve just read something remarkable.

I have a book from Richard Bach, it’s the Messiah’s Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul. I used to read it regularly but I haven’t “used” it recently.

The book is from Bach’s Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah. In this book the author meets with one of his pilot colleagues, Donald Shimoda who always carried with him a small book entitled the Messiah’s Handbook. “Open it and whatever you need to know is there” – as Shimoda said to the author. It’s easy to use the book: you just think about a question, close your eyes, open the book at a guess and point at the left or the right page. The answers are simple oracles, which are interesting, funny, sometimes unexpected and they inspire us on further thinking.

I won’t tell my question but here’s the answer: “When will you learn to wait for what you can’t even imagine to eventuate?” A strange answer. Or a relevant question.

Think about it (and comment)! ;)

2 megjegyzés:

pezse írta...

Hm, Richard Bach used to have a great impact on me with this book. But I can tell you a secret: it works with any book or any text to find your special answer. I've tried the attraction of objects and persons into my life, as well, today I feel myself rather as a manipulator..:).
However, this book was my favourite for years, now I need to give you an advice: don't believe everything he says;)!

érinthetetlen írta...

Thanks, Zsuzsi! I don't believe everything the book states, I just like the short wisdoms it contains. :)